A dramatically new concept in simple, inexpensive, and accessible fluorescence microscopy. The Etaluma LumaScope provides provides fluorescence and brightfield capability in a small, portable, and easy to use microscope. Small enough to fit into a cabinet or workstation, the Lumascope is available with select new and existing Baker and Baker Ruskinn equipment.
The powerful, new Lumascope 720 (LS720) adds walk-away automation to the many features and high performance of the flagship 3-color LS620. Exquisite XY motion control, motorized focus that allows autofocus and z-stacks, and easy-to-configure software combine to facilitate your microscopy experiments and high content screens. Place the LS720 in your incubator and you have a live cell imaging system at a fraction of the cost of conventional HCS systems. Whether imaging multiple fields in your flasks or 1536 wells of cells with 3 fluorophores in a 48 hour time-lapse, the 720 offers a whole new world of automated microscopy!
LumaScope provides the three most important accessibility traits: It is significantly less expensive than other scopes, it is much easier to use, and its size and portability make it available anytime, anywhere. All without sacrificing the image quality you demand.
- Powerful - The Etaluma LumaScope is fluorescence and brightfield capable, providing high-quality images and fast frame-rates for easy routine inspection of cells in slides, plates, and flasks.
- Flexible - The LumaScope is portable and fits into Baker cabinets and Baker Ruskinn hypoxia workstations with ease.
- Simple - Easy to set up and virtually no training required. To operate, plug the USB into any PC and start working - no AC power required.
- Value - The LumaScope’s simple design dramatically reduces cost of ownership while maintaining publishing-quality images in brightfield, phase contrast, and multi-color fluorescence.
- Cell presence and distribution
- Cell confluence
- General cell health
- Fluorescent protein expression
- Label brightness
More sophisticated uses are also easily achieved with the LumaScope: cell counting or hemocytometry and growth monitoring. Using the LumaScope, it is possible to monitor cells remotely through the web from within a tissue culture incubator, overnight, away from the lab.
- Automated XY stage with autofocus in Z provides images (photos), time-lapse series, and videos recorded directly to your computer
- Fully functioning microscope empowers users to visualize cells from microplates, flasks, slides or custom labware
- Modern LED and advanced optical design provide near diffraction-limited (theoretical maximum) resolution
- Robust software allows set-up and control across many locations, including microplates and custom arrays
- Versatile and compact design enables use inside cell culture incubators and hoods
- Detects blue, green and red fluorophores, including BFP, DAPI, FITC, Fluo-4, GFP & mCherry
- Flip-up deck allows easy objective access
- Used manually, but also robot compatible (RS485, RS232, 5V digital interfaces)
- Objective compatibility with standard lenses permits use of your own objectives
- Long-term incubator imaging and Time Lapse
- Cell doubling and movement measurements
- Stem Cell differentiation movies