The Eagleson Institute
Education, Certification & Safety Training
Chemical & Environmental Safety in the Lab
The Eagleson Institute is a nonprofit foundation dedicated to promoting the principles and practices of laboratory safety through seminars, videotapes, interactive CD-ROMs, scholarships, lectures and a worldwide referral service.
Eagleson Institute classes include lectures, demonstrations, break-out sessions, problem solving, role-playing and hands-on training, in addition to online laboratory safety training. All in-house classes included carefully designed laboratories which allow participants to refine their technical skills while gaining confidence and an in-depth appreciation of airflow, chemical safety, and laboratory safety concepts.
- Fundamentals of Laboratory Safety
- Introduction to Certification Workshop
- Advanced Certification
- HVAC Systems and Laboratory Design
- Safety Cabinet Technology
- Testing HEPA Filters in Cleanrooms, Laminar Flow Benches and HVAC Systems
- ASHRAE 110 Testing Workshop
- Biological Safety Cabinets: A Web-Based Training Program
- Safe Use of Chemical Fume Hoods
- Safe Use of Biological Safety Cabinets
HistoryThe Eagleson Institute was founded in 1989 in memory of John M. (Jack) Eagleson, Jr. Jack was president of The Baker Company from 1959 until his death in 1988.
Jack came to Baker from the aerospace industry and soon earned a reputation as a pioneer in development and testing of ventilation equipment. He became a strong proponent of laboratory safety. He believed in sharing information and teaching others. Through formal training and informal discussions, Jack challenged the minds of his employees, customers, competitors and others throughout the industry. He made a difference.